Guidebook: Brodsworth Hall and Gardens
Parasol - Ecru Lace
Brodsworth Hall is an outstanding example of a Victorian country house. Built and furnished between 1861 and 1863 by Charles Sabine Augustus Thellusson the house has survived with most of its original contents, and was given to English Heritage in 1990. Since then it has undergone a comprehensive conservation programme before opening to the public for the first time in 1995. This souvenir guide contains a full tour of the house, from the opulent interiors of the family rooms to the solidly practical servants' wing, together with the delightful gardens. It includes a history of the Thellusson and Grant-Dalton families, illustrated by numerous photographs from the family albums.