Eight Ghosts: The English Heritage Book of New Ghost Stories - Paperback
Product Code: 503681
A contribution from the sale of this product helps us to secure this spectacular and unique heritage for future generations to enjoy.
In the winter of 2016, English Heritage sent some of the UK’s finest contemporary writers to stay at different historical sites across the UK. From Max Porter at Eltham Palace to Mark Haddon deep in York’s Cold War Bunker, their experiences informed their chilling creations. Eight authors, eight ghost stories, eight unsettling, supernatural creations set loose in time for Halloween. With a foreword by Andrew Martin and fascinating background detail on English Heritage sites and their supernatural legacies, this is a book to be savoured - and read aloud - as the winter nights draw in.
This book is also available in hardback here.
- Eight Ghosts: The English Heritage Book of New Ghost Stories is written exclusively for English Heritage
- Stories from acclaimed literary novelists and short story writers such as Sarah Perry, Andrew Michael Hurley & Max Porter
- Each ghost story is based on an English Heritage site
- Historic and atmospheric settings; from Audley End to Pendennis Castle, cold war bunkers to Hadrian’s Wall
- Publication date: 25/09/2018
Authors and sites:
- Sarah Perry: Audley End
- Max Porter: Eltham Palace
- Andrew Michael Hurley: Carlisle Castle
- Mark Haddon: York Cold War Bunker
- Stuart Evers: Dover Castle
- Jeanette Winterson: Pendennis Castle
- Kate Clanchy: Housesteads
- Kamila Shamsie: Kenilworth Castle
Standard Delivery £4.99: Applies to UK standard delivery rate only.
You can expect delivery by Royal Mail or Courier within 7 working days after placing your order.
Next Day Delivery (on orders placed before 3pm. Weekdays only) £6.99:
If order is placed before 3pm, you can expect delivery the following working day. Please note a signature is required.
Overseas Delivery from £14.99 (expect delivery within 28 days of placing your order):
- United Kingdom Offshore and Scottish Highlands £14.99
- Europe, E.U. Member £14.99
- Europe, Non E.U. Member £14.99
- US & Canada £16.99
- Australia and New Zealand £18.99
- R.O.W.2-6 £18.99
Please Note: Some countries may charge tax and duty. This is the responsibility of the customer.
We reserve the right not to deliver orders if we believe the address is not secure, for example, to a communal postal address, PO Box or if the customer has incorrectly applied the wrong shipping area. If this affects an order you placed, we will notify you as soon as possible. We may also request additional ID.
For further information regarding delivery please visit our Delivery Information page.
Please Note: Weekends and Bank Holidays (including Bank Holiday weekends) are NOT counted as working days.